Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I never knew.

I did what? Oh, that was your food? You didn’t eat because I did eat? Why didn’t you tell me what your food allergies were? We could have discussed these things intelligently instead of waiting for them to become problems. Guess that’s my fault; I spent so much of our conversations talking about what interested me. I regret not paying attention to the issues that were important to you. Now I see that the hurt has gone deeper than I could ever have imagined. Will you forgive me, Valerie?

1 comment:

  1. I know it probably wasn’t Valerie that posted that last comment, but I’m sure no one else would bother to ask how Judith was doing (2 comments--I deleted one). But that’s not why I composed this post. Whether or not Valerie brought the matter up is immaterial. The fact is I want to convey my humble and sincere apology for being such a horrible listener. That’s why I wrote this. So if you’re reading this, Valerie, I promise to open my ears more in the future. Will you let me?

    ReplyDelete