Sunday, October 25, 2009

Learning to lean (on Jesus, that is)

Consider: The Lord has promised to supply all our needs. This means that if He does not give us something, we must not need it after all, and it would be a sin to take it for ourselves. This is especially important to me as I have been waiting for signs of His leading concerning Valerie, and then everything just fell apart, right when it appeared the most promising. Do not misunderstand me: I’m not saying I don’t want her anymore; But if it appears that the Lord will bring her back and he does not, I guess my person, identity, and character is not bound up in human companionship after all. But I’m still praying and seeking the Lord’s will for her and for me. I care very deeply about her. In the mean time, Jesus is teaching me how to lean on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment