Tuesday, December 01, 2009

I have decided

I promised God that I will no longer knowingly or intentionally look at anything immodest or obscene. This would even include real people that I would happen to see out in public as well. Even if a very close friend should ask if we could view something together, I would say that the Lord has convicted me concerning this and I’m sorry, but I’m afraid I just can’t participate. This is a solemn vow that I have taken. If I should ever look at anything inappropriate, even so my vow remains in effect. Praise the Lord, who has called me to and virtue and purity. There is only one exception to this: Genesis 2:25 (and this only applies to people who are currently married to each other). What you do with your eyes is your own business, but I have decided to follow Jesus. Matthew 5:27-28 is my guide, as well as the words of the Apostle Paul in 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8.

No comments:

Post a Comment