Wednesday, October 27, 2004

If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything.

Now, I take my faith very seriously. I maintain that the principles I believe in are timeless and apply to all people everywhere, not just myself. So I beg to differ with someone who says, “My religion is my own business. And yours is up to you to decide. After all, truth for me may not be truth for you. Who am I to judge you, as long as you’re sincere in your beliefs and practices?”

Actually, it does matter what you believe, even if you are sincere. And truth is true whether it’s believed or not. God is real, whether His presence is felt or not. And Heaven and Hell are real, not because we think they exist, but because God has said that they do. Belief of the truth has consequences, and so does the failure to believe. Jesus did not come to preach tolerence and an end to social ills; He came to give His life for our sins, and then to take His life back again. The world can be changed only through belief in the truth of the gospel, and that is why Jesus called us the salt of the earth and the light of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment