Saturday, October 16, 2004

Respect

Respect on both sides is necessary for a good solid bond to form. I’m talking to both husbands and wives here. The wife is to “reverence her husband” (Ephesians 5:33), and the husband is to be “giving honor unto the wife” (1 Peter 3:7). This means respect is given, even if it is unearned. I once had a double standard: when I was married, I thought that my wife owed me her respect, and I demanded it, but I supposed that my respect of her was contingent upon behavior. I was dead wrong.

Listen to your mate, and share honestly, not throwing cheep verbal jabs or bringing up old offenses. Let bygones be bygones, and move forward with respect and praise for your spouse. Guys, you’ll soon find that you love her more than you did when you married her.

No comments:

Post a Comment